FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Press Office
SiSoftware Sandra 2015 Released:
Windows 10/Server 2016 (Beta) Support, New Benchmarks
Superseded: This version has been replaced by Sandra 2016.
Updates: SP4 (Nov 19th 2015), SP3 (Sep 17th 2015), SP2b (Jul 6th 2015), SP2 (Jun 1st 2015), SP1a (Mar 17th 2015), SP1 (Feb 16th 2015), 2015i (Nov 26th 2014).
London, UK, November 10th 2014 – We are pleased to announce the launch of SiSoftware Sandra 2015, the latest version of our award-winning utility, which includes remote analysis, benchmarking and diagnostic features for PCs, servers, mobile devices and networks.
With the public release of Windows 10 Tech Preview, we have updated Sandra to the latest tools for Windows 10 – but also supporting Windows 8.1, 8, 7 and Vista – but also Server 2016, 2012/R2 and 2008/R2; however, Windows XP and Server 2003/R2 are no longer supported.
As SiSoftware operates a “just-in-time” release cycle, some features were introduced in Sandra 2014 service packs: in Sandra 2015 they have been updated and enhanced based on all the feedback received.
Here is an in-depth new feature list of Sandra 2015:
Broad Operating System Support
All current OS versions supported: Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista; Server 2016, 2012/R2 and 2008/R2
- Enhanced for Windows 10 / Server 2016 Desktop mode using the latest API.
- New theme for Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8 with high-DPI support (200% 192ppi) 256×256 pixels icons.
- Full support for Windows 8.1, 8, 7, Vista as well as Server 2012/R2, 2008/R2.
- Updated hardware support for both current and future hardware
Updated Device Performance Certification*
Certify the validity and quality of your benchmarks results [Commercial versions]
Device Performance Certification validates whether the benchmark result (score) you have obtained upon benchmarking your device is valid (i.e. the device you tested is performing correctly) and how it compares to the scores obtained by other users when testing the same device.
By aggregating the results submitted for each device and performing statistical analysis (e.g. computing mean/average, standard deviation, etc.) we can use statistical tools to work out whether the score is within the expected range (confidence intervals).
Based on the variability of scores you can determine whether the performance of your device is consistent or varies significantly from test to test.
Updated Overall Score (2015) benchmark for complete system performance evaluation
14 benchmarks to fully evaluate computer performance
While each benchmark measures the performance of a specific device (CPU, Memory, (GP)GPU, Storage, etc.), there is a real need for a benchmark to evaluate the overall computer performance: this new benchmark is a weighted average of the individual scores of the existing benchmarks:
- Native CPU Arithmetic, Cryptographic, Multi-Media (SIMD), Financial and Scientific: measures native processing performance using the very latest instruction sets (AVX2, FMA, AVX, SSE2 and future AVX-512F)
- .Net/Java Arithmetic: measures software virtual machine performance (e.g. for .Net WPF/Silverlight/Modern applications)
- Memory and Cache Bandwidth and Latency: measures memory and caches performance
- File System/Storage Bandwidth and I/O: measures storage performance
- GP (General Processing) / HC (Heterogonous Compute) (GPU/APU) Arithmetic, Financial, Scientific: measures (GP)GPU/APU processing performance
- GP (General Processing) / HC (Heterogonous Compute) (GPU/APU) Memory Bandwidth and Latency: measures (GP)GPU/APU memory performance
Brand new style for Windows 10
Windows 10 / 8.x have their own style (Modern, ex-Metro) shared with Windows Phone 8.x. Love it or hate it, it is here to stay. We have also provided Windows 7, Vista users with an updated, modern style:
Price Engine: invaluable
Why? The Price engine enhances the user’s experience by providing product pictures and additional specifications – as well as the the latest price. It enables the calculation of important metrics like Performance vs. Price and Capacity vs. Price (for storage media) which are extremely useful when making comparisons. All this is done automatically rather than manually searching for pricing, a great time saver.
Key features of Sandra 2015:
- 4 native architectures support (x86, x64 – Windows; ARM, ARM64, x86, x64 – Android)
- Huge official hardware support through technology partners (AMD/ATI, nVidia, Intel).
- 4 native (GP)GPU/APU platforms support (OpenCL, CUDA, DirectX Compute Shader, OpenGL Compute).
- 4 native Graphics platforms support (DirectX 12.x, DirectX 11.x, DirectX 10.x, OpenGL 3.0+).
- 9 language versions (English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese (Traditional, Simplified), Russian) in a single installer.
- Enhanced Sandra Lite (Eval) version (free for personal/educational use, evaluation for other uses)
For more details, please see the following articles:
For more details, and to purchase the commercial versions, please click here.
Updating or Upgrading
To update your existing commercial version, please click here.
For more details, and to download the Lite (Eval) version, please click here.
Reviewers and Editors
For your free review copies, please contact us.
SiSoftware, founded in 1995, is one of the leading providers of computer analysis, diagnostic and benchmarking software. The flagship product, known as “SANDRA”, was launched in 1997 and has become one of the most widely used products in its field. Nearly 700 worldwide IT publications, magazines and review sites use SANDRA to analyse the performance of today’s computers. Over 9,000 on-line reviews of computer hardware that use SANDRA are catalogued on our website alone.
Since launch, SiSoftware has always been at the forefront of the technology arena, being among the first providers of benchmarks that show the power of emerging new technologies such as multi-core, GPGPU, OpenCL, DirectCompute, x64, ARM, MIPS, NUMA, SMT (Hyper-Threading), SMP (multi-threading), AVX3, AVX2, AVX, FMA4, FMA, NEON, SSE4.2, SSE4.1, SSSE3, SSE3, SSE2, SSE, Java and .NET.
SiSoftware is located in London, UK. For more information, please visit http://www.sisoftware.net, http://www.sisoftware.eu, http://www.sisoftware.info or http://www.sisoftware.co.uk