We are pleased to release SP2 (Service Pack 2 – version 24.41) update for Sandra Platinum (2017) with the following updates:
- Tools update allowing further ports of benchmarks to AVX512, e.g.:
- CPU Multi-Media: 128-bit (octa) floating-point benchmark
- CPU Scientific: GEMM, FFT N-Body (single and double floating-point)
- CPU Image Processing: All filters vectorised and ported to AVX512 (Blur/Sharpen/Motion-Blur, Edge/Noise/Oil, Diffusion/Marble)
- Algorithm harness update allowing NUMA multi-block performance improvement, e.g.:
- CPU Multi-Media: all algorithms. both integer and floating-point.
- CPU Cryptography: all algorithms, both crypto and hashing.
- CPU Scientific: all algorithms (but especially (F/D)GEMM)
- CPU Financial: Monte-Carlo (N/A others).
- CPU Image Processing: All filters (Blur/Sharpen/Motion-Blur, Edge/Noise/Oil, Diffusion/Marble).
New articles showing the improvement that AVX512 and NUMA bring:
- AVX512 performance improvement for SKL-X in Sandra SP2
- NUMA performance improvement for ThreadRipper in Sandra SP2
Commercial version customers can download the free updates from their software distributor; Lite users please download from your favourite download site.