FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SiSoftware Sandra Platinum (2017) Released:
Brand-new benchmarks, hardware support
Articles & Benchmarks:
- AMD Ryzen CPU Performance, AMD Ryzen Cache and Memory Performance.
- Intel Graphics GPGPU Performance, FP16 GPGPU Image Processing Performance & Quality.
- Intel Core i9 (SKL-X) CPU Performance, Intel Core i9 (SKL-X) Cache & Memory Performance.
- AVX512 performance improvement for SKL-X.
- AMD Threadripper Review & Benchmarks – CPU 16-core Performance, AMD Threadripper Review & Benchmarks – 4-channel DDR4 Cache & Memory Performance.
- NUMA performance improvement for ThreadRipper.
London, UK, March 24th 2017 – We are pleased to announce the launch of SiSoftware Sandra Platnium (2017), the latest version of our award-winning utility, which includes remote analysis, benchmarking and diagnostic features for PCs, servers, mobile devices and networks.
Sandra Platinum has a brand-new fresh look that is not out-of-place on all operating systems from the classic Windows 7 (Aero) to future Windows 10 (Acrylic).
We have added hardware support and optimisations for brand-new CPU architectures (AMD Ryzen/Threadripper, future AVX512, etc.) not forgetting GPGPU architectures across the various interfaces (CUDA, OpenCL, DirectX ComputeShader, OpenGL Compute).
As SiSoftware operates a “just-in-time” release cycle, some features were introduced in Sandra 2016 service packs: in Sandra Platinum they have been updated and enhanced based on all the feedback received.
Here is an in-depth new feature list of Sandra Platinum:
Brand-new look and icons for all versions of Windows from 7 (Aero) to future 10 (Acrylic)
- Updated benchmark icons: high resolution 256×256 icons suitable for high-dpi screens (4k/UHD).
Broad Operating System Support
- Updated Benchmark Module: GPGPU Image Processing (oil painting, diffuse/random, marbling/perlin noise) supporting all modern interfaces (CUDA, OpenCL, DirectX ComputeShader)
- New Benchmark Module: CPU Image Processing (oil painting, diffuse, marbling) supporting all modern vectorised SIMD instruction sets (AVX512, AVX2/FMA3, AVX, SSE4, SSSE3, SSE2)
- New OpenGL Compute Support: Ported GPGPU benchmarks to OpenGL (4.3+) Compute Shader (Fractals, Crypto, Image Processing)
- New GPU Precision: FP16/half-float precision benchmarks (Image Processing)
- Maintained Benchmark: Updated Overall Score (2016/2017) by adding new benchmarks to the index.
- New Hardware Support: New AMD Ryzen, Threadripper architecture support; future AVX512-supporting hardware support (SKL-X, KBL-X, Cofeelake, etc.).
Overall Score 2016/Platinum benchmark:
While each benchmark measures the performance of a specific device (CPU, Memory, (GP)GPU, Storage, etc.), there is a real need for a benchmark to evaluate the overall computer performance: this new benchmark is a weighted average of the individual scores of the existing benchmarks:
- Native CPU Arithmetic, Cryptographic, Multi-Media (SIMD), Financial and Scientific: measures native processing performance using the very latest instruction sets (AVX512, AVX2/FMA3, AVX, SSE4, SSE2)
- .Net/Java Arithmetic: measures software virtual machine performance (e.g. for .Net WPF/Silverlight/Modern applications)
- Memory and Cache Bandwidth and Latency: measures memory and caches performance
- File System/Storage Bandwidth and I/O: measures storage performance
- GP (General Processing) / HC (Heterogonous Compute) (GPU/APU) Arithmetic, Cryptographic, Financial, Scientific: measures (GP)GPU/APU processing performance
- GP (General Processing) / HC (Heterogonous Compute) (GPU/APU) Memory Bandwidth and Latency: measures (GP)GPU/APU memory performance
Key features of Sandra Platinum
- 4 native architectures support (x86, x64 – Windows; ARM, ARM64, x86, x64 – Android)
- Huge official hardware support through technology partners (AMD/ATI, nVidia, Intel).
- 4 native (GP)GPU/APU platforms support (OpenCL 1.2+, CUDA 8.0+, DirectX Compute Shader 10+, OpenGL Compute 4.3+).
- 4 native Graphics platforms support (DirectX 12.x, DirectX 11.x, DirectX 10.x, OpenGL 3.0+).
- 9 language versions (English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese (Traditional, Simplified), Russian) in a single installer.
- Enhanced Sandra Lite (Eval) version (free for personal/educational use, evaluation for other uses)
For more details, please see the following articles:
For more details, and to purchase the commercial versions, please click here.
Updating or Upgrading
To update your existing commercial version, please click here.
For more details, and to download the Lite (Evaluation) version, please click here.
Reviewers and Editors
For your free review copies, please contact us.
SiSoftware, founded in 1995, is one of the leading providers of computer analysis, diagnostic and benchmarking software. The flagship product, known as “SANDRA”, was launched in 1997 and has become one of the most widely used products in its field. Many worldwide IT publications, magazines and review sites use SANDRA to analyse the performance of today’s computers. Thousands on-line reviews of computer hardware that use SANDRA are catalogued on our website alone.
Since launch, SiSoftware has always been at the forefront of the technology arena, being among the first providers of benchmarks that show the power of emerging new technologies such as multi-core, GPGPU, OpenCL, OpenGL, DirectCompute, x64, ARM, NUMA, SMT (Hyper-Threading), SMP (multi-threading), AVX512, AVX2, AVX, FMA3, NEON, SSE4.2, SSE4, SSSE3, SSE2, SSE, Java and .NET.